The weather in Iceland is incredibly unpredictable and endlessly changing—particularly in the winter. However, weather closures at Blue Lagoon are extremely rare, having occurred just three times in the past decade. When they do happen, such closures are not because of rain, snow, sleet, hail, or subzero temperatures. Rather, the cause of these shutdowns is sustained, hurricane-force winds.
Does Blue Lagoon ever close because of bad weather?
Articles in this section
- I already have a ticket to the Blue Lagoon and I want to add a bus transfer
- What is the minimum age for using the Blue Lagoon?
- Does Blue Lagoon ever close because of bad weather?
- Will the Blue Lagoon’s water ruin or damage my swimsuit?
- Your Blue Lagoon Iceland visit
- Does Blue Lagoon skin care contain nuts?
- Why is the admission price different during the day?
- Can I wear a burkini in the Blue Lagoon?
- Blue Lagoon Guided Tour
- Can a person with stitches use the Blue Lagoon?