Geothermal seawater has high levels of silica. While not harmful to hair, silica can make hair stiff and difficult to manage. Therefore, we recommend that you apply conditioner to your hair before entering the lagoon and leave it in your hair while experiencing the lagoon. If your hair is longer, it is also wise to tie it in a ponytail or a bun. Complimentary conditioner is provided in the shower area of your changing room.
Articles in this section
- I already have a ticket to the Blue Lagoon and I want to add a bus transfer
- What is the minimum age for using the Blue Lagoon?
- Does Blue Lagoon ever close because of bad weather?
- Will the Blue Lagoon’s water ruin or damage my swimsuit?
- Your Blue Lagoon Iceland visit
- Does Blue Lagoon skin care contain nuts?
- Why is the admission price different during the day?
- Can I wear a burkini in the Blue Lagoon?
- Blue Lagoon Guided Tour
- Can a person with stitches use the Blue Lagoon?